Asia Exchange, February 2018
As part of the Global Project, the Global Executing Agency will annually host three regional exchanges (in Africa, Asia, and Latin America) and one global exchange for indigenous peoples and local communities (IPLCs) to exchange their knowledge and experiences around climate change, forestry, and REDD+.
The DGM Global Executing Agency is organizing the second DGM Regional Asia Exchange on IPLC Engagement in Climate Action. This workshop will take place between Feb. 12- Feb. 15 , 2018 in Indonesia .
The participant should be committed to share knowledge and disseminate information with their communities and should meet the criteria below:
The participant is indigenous or a member of a local community.
- The participant is actively engaged with DGM program at the local, national, or regional levels.
- The participant is actively engaged and has knowledge of indigenous peoples traditional knowledge systems contributing to sustainable forest management and land titling.
- The participant has knowledge of country’s National Determined Contribution in his/her country.
- Ideally, the participant has engaged with other conferences and/or networks related to climate change or forests.
- Ideally, the participant has participated in national platforms or other conferences related to climate change or forests at any level.
- The participant is committed to disseminate learned information with IPLC and CSO networks.
- The participant must be able to travel to the workshop in Indonesia from February 26- March 3, 2017.
Previous DGM Exchanges
Global Exchange on Climate Policy and FInance
November, 2017, Bonn, Germany
14 PARTICIPANTS FROM 10 COUNTRIES
- Topics: Climate Policy, Climate Finance, Engagement with IIPFC, Panels on NDCs and IP contributions to Paris Agreement, LCIP Platform
Africa Exchange on IPLC Engagement on Climate Change & Sustainable Forest Management August 2017, Kumasi, Ghana
40 representatives from 10 countries
Topics: Climate Policy and the Paris Agreement, Agroforestry, Sustainable Forest Management, Community Based Forest Management, Climate Smart Agriculture
Latin America Exchange on IPLC Engagement on Climate Change June 2017, Montes Claros, Brazil
Exchange materials: English // Spanish // portuguese
25 representatives from 10 countries
Workshop Video ENGLISH | PORTUGUESE
Topics: Climate Policy and the Paris Agreement, Agroforestry Management, Stakeholder Mapping, Land Tenure Rights, Linking Local Activities with National and Global Policy, Sustainable Livelihoods
Asia Regional Exchange on IPLC Engagement on Climate Change February 2017, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Exchange materials: English
32 representatives from 12 countries
Topics: Climate Policy, Climate Finance, REDD+, Stakeholder Mapping, INDCs and IP contributions to Paris Agreement, Paragraph 135.
Global Exchange on IPLC Engagement on Climate Policy & Finance November 2016, Marrakesh, Morocco
Exchange materials: English // French // Spanish // portuguese
20 representatives from 16 countries
Topics: Climate Policy, Climate Finance, REDD+, DGM exchange, Climate Finance Mapping exercise, Messaging for COP22, Engagement with IIPFC, Panels on INDCs and IP contributions to Paris Agreement, Paragraph 135.